MULTIDISCIPLINARY ACCIDENT INVESTIGATIONS. PHASE III
The report is a summarization of a comprehensive and systematic in-depth study of 120 Multidisciplinary Accident Investigations, 40 in each of Phases I, II, and III, that occurred in the Southern California area. The research was a team effort of engineers, physicians, psychologists, automotive engineers, a pathologist, a mathematician, technicians, an analyst, secretaries, graduate and undergraduate students. The research includes a study of procedures utilized in investigating and reporting all collision involved aspects of the transportation system - the vehicle, environment, and human, during each phase of the collision - pre-, at, and post-crash. Findings, conclusions, and recommendations are presented, based on data from the 120 cases.
- See also Phase 2, PB-224 247.
University of Southern California, Los AngelesInstitute of Safety and Systems Management, University Park
Los Angeles, CA United States 90007
Washington, DC United States 20590
- BAIRD, J D
- Sublett, F L
- Parkinson, G A
- AUSTIN, E
- BROWNE, S
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 416 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crashes; Design; Design standards; Highways; Human factors; Human factors engineering; Injuries; Multidisciplinary teams; Research; Statistics; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00090115
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: USC-74 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-010-1-176
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM