TESTING FOR A 'SOBERING PILL'
The concept of blocking or neutralizing the effect of alcohol on the brain was investigated in a series of human tests. It was found that pharmacological agents which stimulate the dopaminergic system tend to neutralize the alcohol reduced performance impairment.
Orange County Medical CenterResearch and Educational Foundation, 101 City Drive, So.
Orange, CA USA
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Noble, E P
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Pagination: 51 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcohols; Bioassay; Brain; Drugs; Ethanol; Human beings; Pharmacology; Stimulants; Testing; Therapy
- Uncontrolled Terms: Drug therapy
- Old TRIS Terms: Adrenergics; Ammonium halides; Autonomic agents; Cns stimulants; Dopamine; Ephedrine; Neutralizing; Vitamins
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00090110
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-253-3-744
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM