NEVADA'S EXPERIENCE WITH FINISHING OF CONCRETE STRUCTURES
This report covers the fine surface finishing of concrete structures, developed and implemented by the Nevada State Highway Department since 1964. The problem concerned the unsightly appearance of concrete structures due to a dark gray color, non-uniform shading and uneven surface texture and the confusion by contractors as to what constituted an acceptable concrete finish. The development of a bonded grout cement that can be sprayed on the structure, with a wide selection of pigments and its cost is described.
Nevada Department of Highways1263 South Stewart Street
Carson City, NV United States 89701
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Taylor, F S
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Coatings; Concrete finishing; Concrete structures; Cost estimating; Estimates; Grout; Pigments; Seal coats
- Geographic Terms: Nevada
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Finance; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00090102
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: FH-11-8173-1
- Files: NTIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM