C-141 ALL WEATHER LANDING SYSTEM (AWLS) FLIGHT TEST REPORT: OPTIMIZATION AND PRE-EXPERIMENTAL PHASES
A chronological description of flight tests and aircraft modification since Nov. 1, 1972, is given. The present aircraft (NC-1414,61-2775) and All Weather Landing System (AWLS) configurations are described along with the pilot procedures to be used initially in the Experimental Phase of the program. Individual mission reports are presented in Appendix A. Diagrams of each baseline approach are presented in Appendix B.
Air Force Flight Dynamics LaboratoryWright-Patterson Air Force Base
Dayton, OH United States 45433
Washington, DC United States
- Hovde, R J
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Pagination: 142 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pilots; Flight tests; Glide path systems; Instrument flying; Instrument landing systems; Landing; Personnel performance; Telemetry
- Old TRIS Terms: Aircraft landings; All weather aviation; Instrument landing; Performance human; Telemetering data
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00090100
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AFFDL-TM-74-109-FGSAFinal Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA70WAI-173
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM