A CENSUS OF MARINE TRAFFIC IN THE DELAWARE BAY DERIVED FROM SIDE-LOOKING AIRBORNE RADAR DATA
A side-looking airborne radar was used to map selected portions of Delaware Bay during the period 9-13 September 1974 for the purpose of sampling the number of vessels underway at any one time as functions of the time of day and of the sector of the Bay. In the Delaware Bay area, a maximum of 47 vessels were observed to be underway at one time. This occurred at 0100 on Thursday, 12 September.
United States Coast GuardResearch and Development Center, 1082 Shennecossett Road
Groton, CT USA 06340-6096
- McIntosh, J A
- Farmer, L D
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Bays; Census; Harbor traffic control; Harbors; Highway traffic control; Safety; Side looking radar; Surveillance; Vessel traffic control; Water traffic; Water transportation
- Identifier Terms: United States Coast Guard
- Geographic Terms: Delaware
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00090089
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CGR/DC-33-74 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM