WIND MODELS FOR FLIGHT SIMULATOR CERTIFICATION OF LANDING AND APPROACH GUIDANCE AND CONTROL SYSTEMS
Analytic and probabilistic descriptions of low-altitude mean wind and turbulence have been investigated and a description selected. The effects of wind and turbulence on aerodynamics and aircraft motion have been analyzed. A model of wind and turbulence, suitable for the certification of landing and approach guidance and control systems by flight simulations, has been developed, and consideration has been given to implementation.
Boeing CompanyP.O. Box 3707
Seattle, WA USA 98124
Federal Aviation Administration800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20591
- Barr, N M
- Gangsaas, D
- Schaeffer, D R
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Pagination: 622 p.
- TRT Terms: Altitude; Approach; Civil aircraft; Dynamic loads; Gusts; Landing; Mathematical models; Model atmosphere; Simulation; Turbulence; Velocity; Wind; Wind shear
- Uncontrolled Terms: Gust loads; Low altitude
- Old TRIS Terms: Aircraft landings; Wind velocity
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00090086
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA72WA-2934
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM