POTENTIAL INTERFERENCE OF THE DISCRETE ADDRESS BEACON SYSTEM (DABS) ON THE X AND Y MODE TACAN SYSTEM
The impact of ten proposed signal formats of the Discrete Address Beacon System (DABS) on the performance of TACAN/DME equipments was investigated. The susceptibility of the individual TACAN/DME equipments to interference was then used to assess the interference impact of a hypothetical DABS environment on the operation of TACAN/DME systems. Worst case characterizations were used in some respects. A set of frequency-distance separations was developed that would prevent DABS interference to the TACAN interrogator, and limit the generation of deadtime in the TACAN beacon.
IIT Research Institute10 West 35th Street
Chicago, IL United States 60616
Washington, DC United States
Electromagnetic Compatibility Analysis CenterNorth Severn
Annapolis, MD United States 21402
- Willey, T M
- Wingard, J L
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 230 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Beacons; Distance measuring equipment; Frequency (Electromagnetism); Interference; Interrogators; Microwaves; Mode S; Radio beacons; Tactical air navigation system
- Old TRIS Terms: Microwave frequency; Signal format
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00090080
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA70WAI-175, DOT-F19628-73-C0013
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM