ANNUAL REPORT OF OPERATIONS UNDER THE AIRPORT AND AIRWAY DEVELOPMENT ACT (5TH), FISCAL YEAR ENDED JUNE 30, 1974
The Airports Program covers the identification, planning, and development of the Nation's system of public airports to serve the needs of civil aviation in the fifty states, Guam, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands, and the Virgin Islands. It is based primarily on provisions of the Airport and Airway Development Act of 1970 (Public Law 91-258) and a recently enacted amendment, the Airport Development Acceleration Act of 1973 (Public Law 93-44), which respond to a critical national need for improvement in the airport segments of the national aviation system. Airport system improvement is needed to increase system capacity and to accommodate higher performance aircraft.
- See also report dated 1973, AD-773 571.
Federal Aviation Administration800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20591
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 133 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Airports; Aviation safety; Civil aviation; Jet propelled aircraft; Planning; Research management; Systems engineering
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00090078
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM