STUDY OF RUNWAY DEFORMATION CONTOURING USING HOLOGRAPHIC TECHNIQUES
This work is designed to show that the modern optics methods of holography and moire for deformation measurements are applicable in the field. The holographic methods described are general holography, holographic interferometry by double exposure, live fringe and constant amplitude vibration, holographic contouring by the dual frequency, dual-source and dual-index methods. Moire methods of producing contours for topology and deformations are described which use the holographic contouring and grid projection techniques. Experimental techniques are given for each of these methods and the suitability of each for field use is evaluated in terms of key parameters. Two laboratory experiments are presented to demonstrate the technologies involved in holographic and moire deformation contouring. Recommendations for a modular approach to producing a deformation contouring device are given.
Science Applications, Incorporated61 Continental Boulevard
El Segundo, CA USA 90245
Defense Nuclear Agency6801 Telegraph Road
Alexandria, VA USA 22310
Air Force Weapons LaboratoryAir Force Systems Command
Kirtland AFB, NM USA 87117
- Murphy, C G
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 131 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport runways; Airports; Contours; Deformation; Holography; Interference; Laboratory tests; Landing fields; Measurement; Pavements
- Uncontrolled Terms: Moire method
- Old TRIS Terms: Moire effects
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Pavements; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00090077
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAI-73-510-AQ Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DNA001-73-C-0041, DOT-FA-73WAI-361
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM