REPORT ON PROTOTYPE HIGHWAY SAFETY AND TRAFFIC OFFENSE ADJUDICATION TRAINING PROGRAM
A prototype highway safety and traffic offense adjudication training symposium explored ways to make traffic offense adjudication more highway safety effective. State supreme court justices, other state officials involved in traffic adjudication and highway safety, and national experts, were in attendance at the 1972 symposium in Denver, Colorado. The symposium highlighted the relationship between traffic violations and highway accidents; the advisability of implementing administrative hearings to supplement or replace traffic court adjudication; the need for change in the traffic law system; improved rehabilitation techniques for problem drivers; and, innovative approaches in handling problem drinker drivers.
Denver UniversityCollege of Law
Denver, CO United States 80210
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1973-12
- Pagination: 249 p.
- TRT Terms: Adjudication; Alcoholism; Control; Countermeasures; Courts; Drivers; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Hearings; Law enforcement; Laws; Legal factors; Legislation; Meetings; Performance; Performance measurement; Planning; Police; Prevention; Public opinion; Safety; Traffic safety; Traffic violations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Revisions; Violations
- Old TRIS Terms: Public law
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Society;
- Accession Number: 00090042
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-126-2-353
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM