DEVELOPMENT OF COURSE AND MATERIALS FOR TRAINING IN DWI LAW ENFORCEMENT: DETECTION, APPREHENSION AND TESTIMONY
The report summarizes the nature, scope and procedures utilized in the development of a student oriented instructional program for training police officers in DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) enforcement. Instructional materials were prepared and tested in four field trials, revised where necessary, and prepared for mass distribution and program implementation. The entire training package consists of an Instructor's Manual, Student Manual, Course Guide, Instructional Aids Packet (audio-visual materials), and an Evaluation Aids Packet. Fifty-four problem solving situations are depicted on 16mm film; four mock trial segments are on VTR; numerous other visuals and student and course evaluation forms were prepared. The complete instructional package is necessary to conduct a training course.
Michigan State University, East LansingHighway Traffic Safety Center
East Lansing, MI USA 48824
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Carnahan, J E
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Pagination: 79 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcoholism; Curricula; Detection and identification; Detectors; Drivers; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Education; Law enforcement; Manuals; Police; Problem solving; Programmed instruction; Specialized training; Visual aids
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00090037
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-334-3-645
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM