INSTRUMENTATION OF M/V STEWART J. CORT 1973 SEASON
The report presents data from the second full season of instrumentation of the M/V STEWART J. CORT, a 1,000-foot Great Lakes ore carrier owned and operated by the Bethlehem Steel Corporation. Under the sponsorship of the U.S. Coast Guard, the research program is generating full-scale stress and motion data from a variety of transducers both during normal operation of the vessel and during special maneuvering tests. Contained in the report are time-history and spectral data from four storms which generated midship bending stress data equaling or exceeding 20,000 psi, peak-to-trough; the results of three maneuvering tests; a description of the instrumentation system; and a summary table of stress and associated data for the entire season from the midship deck stress transducer.
- See also report dated 21 Jul 72, AD-757 176.
Teledyne Materials Research303 Bear Hill Road
Waltham, MA United States 02154
United States Coast Guard2100 Second Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20593
- Walters, I J
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Pagination: 127 p.
- TRT Terms: Bending; Bending stress; Calibration; Hulls; Instrumentation; Maneuvering; Merchant vessels; Power spectra; Ship motion; Storms; Strain gages; Stresses; Transducers; Vibration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship hulls
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull instrumentation; System test vessels
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00090005
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: E-1419(p) Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-13,188-A
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM