TEST OF COMPATIBILITY OF THE LOCATE(R) III DISTRESS ALERTING AND LOCATING SYSTEM (DALS) IN CO-CHANNEL OPERATION WITH AN FM VOICE COMMUNICATION SYSTEM
A test of Co-channel FM compatibility of the LOCATE(R) III DALS and a voice communication system was conducted to determine what effects each system has on the other when operated simultaneously on a common FM channel. The test was conducted in two phases. Phase I of the test determines the effect on voice communications intelligibility as a function of DALS interference. Phase II determines the effect on DALS operation as a function of voice communications. The test shows that the two systems can be operated in a co-channel configuration; however, some degradation of each system's performance can be expected.
United States Coast GuardResearch and Development Center, 1082 Shennecossett Road
Groton, CT USA 06340-6096
- DeGeorge, W A
- Crowell, R D
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Pagination: 58 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Distress signals; Frequency modulation; Interference; Legibility; Radio; Radio signals; Speech; Speech recognition; Very high frequency; Voice communication
- Uncontrolled Terms: Compatibility; Intelligibility; Narrowband
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00090002
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CGR/DC-20-74 Intrm Rpt.
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM