TRANSPORTATION FRAMEWORKS FOR THE CRITICAL DECISIONS TRANSPORTATION PLAN
To aid in focusing on those areas which need close evaluation (in arriving at the Critical Decisions Transportation Plan) the Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG) developed five alternative frameworks for the region, each of which supposes a different level of capital investment, and against which subregional proposals may be measured for consistency with an overall regional plan. The five frameworks are: status quo; minimal investment in transit; low capital investment in transit; high capital investment in transit; and investment in advanced technology. Each of the frameworks articulates the possible components of one 1990 air and ground transportation system, as well as implying a range of policy options. A report is also presented which contains the recommendations of SCAG for public transit development in the region and the technical documents supporting the recommendations. The recommendations were developed (using the adopted Critical Decisions Plan) as the basis for the transit element of the Regional Transit Plan.
Southern California Association of Governments1111 West Sixth Street
Los Angeles, CA USA 90017
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 155 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Capital; Decision making; Framed structures; Ground transportation; Investments; Local government; Public transit; Recommendations; Transportation planning; Transportation policy
- Old TRIS Terms: Framework method; Substitutes
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Highways; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00084995
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 1982 12:00AM