METHOD FOR DESCRIPTION OF THE STANDARD OF A PUBLIC TRANSPORT SYSTEM
A method is described of comparing the ability of different public transport systems to satisfy different types of travel requirements, and which may also be used to study the influence of the location of the different activities. The method is designed to describe the public transport standard in a region from the point of view of the user, and to show how this varies for different groups and different travel purposes in conjunction with journeys to all areas in the region. This report summarizes and discusses the literature review on the subject, and outlines the standard descriptive model.
- This document is taken from the National Swedish Building Research Summaries published by the National Swedish Council for Building Research.
National Swedish Council for Building ResearchLinnegatan 81
114 60 Stockholm, Sweden
- Friberg, G
- Holmberg, B
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Mathematical models; Methodology; Needs assessment; Public transit; Reviews; Standards; Travel demand
- Uncontrolled Terms: Comparative analysis; Models; User needs
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00084994
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: S:36
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 1981 12:00AM