SELECTED HIGHWAY STATISTICS 1973
Annual series of selected statistical tabulations are presented which relate to highway transportation in 3 major areas: highway use - the ownership and operation of motor vehicles; highway finance - the receipts and expenditures for highways by public agencies; and the highway plant - the extent and changing characteristics of the mileage of public highways, roads and streets. The statistics presented here have been analyzed and reported on a calendar year basis using procedures which provide comparability of values among states. The tables on motor fuel provides an analysis of fuel consumption, as well as rates and revenues. Motor vehicle and driver licensing statistics cover vehicle registration, drivers' licenses, rates and revenues, and travel characteristics. Detailed coverage is given to federal fuel and automotive taxes, the Highway Trust Fund, highway finance and mileage of public roads and streets.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 270 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile ownership; Driver licenses; Energy; Finance; Fuel consumption; Fuels; Highway travel; Highways; Rates; Revenues; Statistics; Tables (Data); Taxation; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Mileage
- Old TRIS Terms: Tabulation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Energy; Finance; Geotechnology; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00084993
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 10 1975 12:00AM