IRT ANNUAL CONFERENCE DIGEST
Proceedings of the annual meeting here presented, cover various aspects of transportation policy planning, construction, legislation, environmental and economic issues. The Southern California rapid transit district development plan was reviewed, and the problems encountered by BART are discussed. Governmental and public pressures for public transport, the consideration of all funding options, the need for anlaysis of mass transportation alternatives, suggestions for a national transportation policy, and the economic issues of construction are examined. Panels discussed changes taking place in the Federal-Aid Highway Act, as well as new legislative objectives, and the expanding role of light rail cars. Environmental issues were covered, in addition to research and development programs, and the importance of marketing programs. Subjects such as graffiti, vandalism, and citizen participation were also covered.
Institute for Rapid Transit1612 K Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20006
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 72 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Development; Economics; Environmental impacts; Exhaust pipes; Laws; Marketing; Public participation; Public transit; Rapid transit; Research; Transportation; Transportation planning; Transportation policy
- Identifier Terms: San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fund allocations; Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Substitutes
- Subject Areas: Construction; Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00084992
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 1981 12:00AM