The papers presented at the seminar held during the PTRC Annual Meeting are grouped in the following categories: economic justification for roads; other factors in the preparation of highway strategies; highway design standards, cost models and optimization, problems of goods vehicles and leisure traffic, public participation and statutory processes, and environmental factors. The papers cover aspects of socioeconomic development policies, the value of time and modal choice, highway improvement, pedestrian structures, rural traffic data collection, vertical profile fitting, and optimum route location. Computer assisted evaluation of hazards due to road geometry, environmental factors in highway planning, problems of heavy commercial vehicles, and inter-urban route location were considered, as well as the legal aspects of highway design.
- Proceedings of the seminar on Highway Planning held during the PTRC Summer Annual Meeting, July 8-12, 1974 at the University of Warwick, England.
Planning and Transport Res and Computation Co Ltd167 Oxford Street
London W1R 1AH, England
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 235 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Economics; Environmental impacts; Freight transportation; Hazards; Highway design; Highway planning; Highways; Improvements; Intercity transportation; Laws; Mathematical models; Optimization; Pedestrians; Public relations; Routing; Socioeconomic factors; Transportation; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Public support
- Old TRIS Terms: Strategy
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00084991
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 1975 12:00AM