URBAN DEPLOYMENT OF AN AERIAL GUIDEWAY PEOPLE MOVER IN THE DETROIT CBD
This paper presents findings of the functional and engineering feasibility studies for an aerial guideway people mover system (PMS) within the Detroit Central Business District (CBD). Emphasis is placed upon the process of developing alternative alignments and their evaluation. A detailed discussion is included regarding the problems of constructing an aerial guideway within an existing urban center and how the environmental requirements are met in achieving a plan commanding broad-based community support.
- This paper from Automotive Engineering Congress and Exposition, 24-28 February 1975, Detroit, Michigan.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Dietz, R J
- Bondada, MVA
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerial tramways; Central business districts; City planning; Elevated guideways; Energy; Environmental engineering; Feasibility analysis; Guideways; People movers; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Aerial transit system
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00084983
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper # 750446
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 1 1975 12:00AM