APEX SEAL WEAR IN A MAZDA ROTARY ENGINE -- EFFECTS OF FUEL AND LUBRICANT PROPERTIES UTILIZING RADIOISOTOPE TEST TECHNIQUES
This paper presents a study of apex seal wear utilizing radioisotope test techniques. Test data showing the effects of lubricant viscosity and quantity and the influence of various engine oil and fuel additives on apex seal wear are presented. Radioisotope test data are compared to seal wear results of long-duration tests to demonstrate the validity of radioisotope test results.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Hacha, T H
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Additives; Automotive engineering; Durability tests; Energy; Engine oils; Fuels; Lubricants; Radioisotopes; Rotary engines; Seal coats; Viscosity; Wear
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00084976
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper #741067
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 1 1975 12:00AM