DIESELIZATION OF LIGHT AND MEDIUM DUTY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES IN JAPAN
This paper describes the recent trend toward dieselization of light and medium duty trucks in Japan. The customers needs are of prime consideration in engine development. Improvements have been made mainly in the areas of increased power, fuel economy, and anti-pollution. Maximum effort is being applied to meet government regulations both in exhaust emissions and noise. Some of the recent engineering developments in light duty, high speed diesel engines in Japan described.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Kihara, R
- Yamaguchi, T
- Mikami, Y
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Automotive engineering; Commercial vehicles; Customers; Diesel engines; Diesel trucks; Energy; Fuel consumption; Noise control; Pollutants; Pollution
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00084972
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper #741126
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 1 1975 12:00AM