FUEL ECONOMY TRENDS AND CATALYTIC DEVICES
This paper discusses: fuel economy -- definitions, measurement, testing, and passenger car trends; emission control interaction with fuel economy -- emission regulatory progression, engine factors, fuel economy at several emission control levels, and emission compliance; and catalytic converter -- basis for GM decision, unleaded gasoline, GM catalytic converter system, and the yet unregulated emissions. For the mid-1970's, catalytic converter systems provide the best compromise accounting for all considerations.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Stempel, R C
- Martens, S W
- Publication Date: 1974-8
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality management; Automobiles; Automotive engineering; Catalytic converters; Energy; Fuel consumption; Pollutants; Unleaded gasoline
- Old TRIS Terms: Lead free
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00084968
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper #740594
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 1 1975 12:00AM