TRACK MEASUREMENT FOR TODAY'S RAILROAD SYSTEMS
This brochure describes the FRA Improved Track Inspection and Data Collection Technology Programs which utilize the Track Geometry Test Cars and Vehicle Dynamic Measurement Systems for the purpose of improving railroad safety, efficiency and economy. The data produced by the cars--through precise measurement of existing track structures--are used to plan effective track maintenance programs and to support the design of tomorrow's high-speed railroads.
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; High speed track; Inspection; Inspection cars; Maintenance of way; Quality control; Railroad tracks; Safety
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Federal Railroad Administration
- Old TRIS Terms: Track inspection; Track quality
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00084914
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 19 1976 12:00AM