GREAT LAKES ICE FORECASTING
The manual has been revised to include new technical procedures implemented during the 1971-72 and 1972-73 winter season. During this period an intensified Great Lakes marine weather and ice forecasting effort was made to support winter navigation of the Great Lakes in connection with ice information activities of the Demonstration Program. The manual also includes samples of the latest graphic and written weather and ice forecast products which are provided daily by the Detroit NWS Forecast Office.
- Sponsored by National Weather Service Forecast Office, Detroit, Mich., Winter Navigation Board, Detroit, Mich.
National Weather ServiceOcean Services Division
Silver Spring, MD United States
National Weather Service Forecast OfficeDetroit, MI United States
Winter Navigation Research BoardStockholm, Sweden
- Snider, C R
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Pagination: 113 p.
- TRT Terms: Ice; Operations; Weather forecasting
- Candidate Terms: Ice forecasting
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Ice reporting
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00084871
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NOAA-TM-NWS-CSD-1 Tech. Memo
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 19 1975 12:00AM