EXPERIMENTS OF TWO SINGLE-STRUT HYDROFOILS
Towing tank experiments were conducted with a number of strut-mounted hydrofoil configurations to determine possible methods of increasing hydrofoil lift-to-drag ratios (L/D) and reducing lift at high speeds to those equivalent values at lower hydrofoil takeoff speeds. Methods used included ventilation, varying aspect ratio, and the addition of foil end plates, spoilers, and flaps.
Naval Ship Research and Development CenterShip Performance Department
Bethesda, MD USA 20034
- Holling, H D
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Hydrofoils; Performance; Struts; Ventilation systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydrofoil performance
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00084864
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SPD-575-01 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 19 1975 12:00AM