THREE DIMENSIONAL DYNAMIC MODES AND FREQUENCIES OF SLACK CABLES. (VOLUME I)
The three dimensional natural frequencies, periods of vibration and modal configurations of elastic cables of arbitrary configurations are obtained and tables are presented which permit the determination of the natural periods for the first 48 modes of vibration of cables of any size and uniform mass distribution. The effect of altering the cable's extensibility modulus is considered and the tables are developed for two conditions of cable support; rigidly supported at each end, and free to more at the upper end in heave.
- Report on Dynamics of Deep Sea Moors.
Texas A&M University, College StationCoastal and Ocean Engineering Division
College Station, TX USA 77843
Naval Facilities Engineering CommandChesapeake Division
Washington, DC USA
- Dominguez, R F
- Monterroso, M R
- Nuckolls, C E
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Pagination: 148 p.
- TRT Terms: Cables; Dynamics; Flow; Mooring cables; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Cable dynamics; Flow induced vibration; Vibrating cables
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00084863
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: COE-177-Vol-1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N62477-74-C-0042
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 19 1975 12:00AM