ADVANCED OCEAN TUG-BARGE SYSTEMS: A PROGRAM FOR EVALUATING OCEAN GOING, CONNECTED TUG BARGE FLOTILLAS BY LARGE SCALE, OPEN WATER MODEL TESTING
A testing program for evaluating ocean tug-barge systems using relatively large (1/20 to 1/10 scale) prototypes is presented. Proposed models are detailed for three varying degrees of freedom tug-barge linkage systems. Approaches for analytically modeling both the tug-barge systems and the sea states are explained. Equipment, facility and personnel requirements are detailed. An overview of the necessary instrumentation recommends the data to be recorded and the sensors to be used. Instructions for testing include discussions of environmental considerations as well as operating procedures. Rough estimates of time schedules and costs are also included.
- Prepared by Marine Engineering Systems, Inc., Houston, Tex.
National Maritime Research Center, GalvestonTodd Shipyards, PO Box 1600
Galveston, TX USA 77550
- Filson, J J
- Publication Date: 1972-5
- Pagination: 198 p.
- TRT Terms: Barges; Ocean going tugs; Tug ship interaction; Tugboats
- Old TRIS Terms: Model testing; Tug barge linkage; Tug barge operations
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00084861
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NMRC-272-21000-R1
- Contract Numbers: MA-6562t
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 19 1975 12:00AM