A PROPOSED CURRICULUM IN MARINE ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
The report covers the second, two and one-half year period in the development and establishment of the curriculum in Marine Engineering Technology that was specifically designed to prepare graduates for careers in the shipbuilding industry. There has been a continuing evolution directed toward curriculum development that would insure that the graduates are broadly prepared for a wide variety of responsibilities in both the design and production divisions of the shipbuilding industry. The report also covers information on job offers, starting salaries, and the progress of graduates of the Marine Engineering Technology curriculum.
Mississippi State University, Mississippi StateInstitute of Engineering Technology
Mississippi State, MS USA 39762
National Oceanic and Atmospheric AdministrationSea Grant Program Office, 6010 Executive Boulevard
Rockville, MD USA 20852
National Science Foundation1800 G Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20550
Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant ConsortiumOcean Springs, MI USA
- Publication Date: 1974-1-15
- Pagination: 56 p.
- TRT Terms: Curricula; Education; Engineering; Marine engineering; Productivity; Shipbuilding
- Uncontrolled Terms: Engineering education
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00084856
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NSF-GH-110
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 19 1975 12:00AM