REPORT ON FUNDAMENTAL RESEARCH ON UNDERWATER WELDING
The objective of the program was to conduct fundamental research on underwater welding and cutting. The study includes the following phases: Survey of fundamental information on underwater welding and cutting; A study of heat flow during underwater welding; Mechanisms of metal transfer in underwater arc welding; Effects of water environment on metallurgical structures and properties of welds; and Development of improved underwater welding methods.
- Index No. 74-329-Nfo.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologySea Grant Program, 77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA United States 02139
National Oceanic and Atmospheric AdministrationSea Grant Program Office, 6010 Executive Boulevard
Rockville, MD United States 20852
- BROWN, A J
- Brown, R T
- Tsai, C L
- Masubuchi, K
- Publication Date: 1974-9-30
- Pagination: 316 p.
- TRT Terms: Heat transfer; Joints (Engineering); Welding; Welds
- Uncontrolled Terms: Welded joints
- Old TRIS Terms: Underwater welding; Weld properties
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00084850
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MITSG-74-29 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NOAA-2-35150, NOAA-NG-43-72
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 19 1975 12:00AM