FORCED VIBRATION CALCULATION USING GENERAL BENDING RESPONSE PROGRAM (GBRP) AND THE FAST FOURIER TRANSFORM
A new capability for calculating the transient response of non-uniform beam-spring models has been incorporated into the General Bending Response Program (GBRP), a digital computer program package used for ship vibration analysis. This method, which replaces the previously existing one based upon a Fourier transform approach, uses a Fourier series representation of the excitation force and response, and considers transient forces as periodic with sufficiently long periods.
Naval Ship Research and Development CenterAdvanced Ship Division
Bethesda, MD United States 20034
- Henderson, F M
- Publication Date: 1974-8
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Hulls; Measurement; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull response; Hull vibration; Vibration measurement
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00084849
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSRDC-4481 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 19 1975 12:00AM