HYDRODYNAMICS OF A BODY OF REVOLUTION WITH FAIRWATER AND RUDDERS AT A CONSTANT ANGLE OF ATTACK
An investigation is made of the hydrodynamic forces and moments on a submerged body of revolution, resulting from the addition of an assymmetric fairwater and hull-control surfaces, and the results of their interaction. Experimental, flow visualization, numerical, and analytical approaches are described.
- See also report dated Jun 73, AD-776 196.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyDepartment of Ocean Engineering, 77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA United States 02139
Office of Naval ResearchDepartment of the Navy, 800 North Quincy Street
Arlington, VA United States 22217
- Luckard, J J
- Publication Date: 1974-3
- Pagination: 196 p.
- TRT Terms: Airfoils; Bodies of revolution; Force; Performance; Rudders; Submersibles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Control surfaces
- Old TRIS Terms: Rudder forces
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00084846
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: OE-74-8 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-67-A0204-0058
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 19 1975 12:00AM