CHRIS: A CONDENSED GUIDE TO CHEMICAL HAZARDS
The Chemical Hazards Response Information System (CHRIS) manual is an official publication of the U.S. Coast Guard and consists of the following four volumes: A condensed guide to chemical hazards; hazardous chemical data; hazard assessment handbook; response methods handbook. The manual provides timely information essential for proper decision-making by responsible Coast Guard personnel and others during emergencies involving the water transport of hazardous chemicals. It also provides certain basic nonemergency related information to support Coast Guard efforts to achieve improved levels of safety in the bulk shipment of hazardous chemicals. The four manuals contain chemical data, hazard-assessment methods and response guides.
United States Coast Guard2100 Second Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20593
- Publication Date: 1974-1
- Pagination: 459 p.
- TRT Terms: Chemicals; Classification; Explosions; Fires; Hazardous chemicals; Hazardous materials; Information systems; Information, data, and knowledge; Liquefied petroleum gas; Safety and security; Transportation; Transportation safety; Water; Water quality management
- Old TRIS Terms: Hazardous chemicals classification; Hazardous materials information; Hazardous materials transportation
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00084841
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: CG-446-1
- Files: NTIS, TSR, TRIS
- Created Date: May 19 1975 12:00AM