REGIONAL OIL AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES POLLUTION CONTINGENCY PLAN. REGION V INLAND
This Regional Contingency Plan of Region Five (Inland) has been prepared within the framework of the National Oil and Hazardous Substances Pollution Contingency Plan and provides a mechanism for coordinating response to a spill of oil or other hazardous substances in the Great Lakes or its shores. The plan provides for a pattern of coordinated and integrated response by Departments and Agencies of the Federal Government to protect the environment from the damaging effects of pollution discharges. It promotes the coordination and direction of Federal and State response systems and encourages the development of local government and private capabilities to handle such discharges in the event of a marine disaster.
Environmental Protection AgencyDallas, TX USA 75202
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 147 p.
- TRT Terms: Contingency planning; Hazardous materials; Oil spill cleanup; Pollution; Transportation; Water quality management
- Old TRIS Terms: Hazardous materials transportation; Oil spill control; Pollution contingency plans
- Subject Areas: Environment; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00084836
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM