HANDBOOK OF CAVITATION EROSION
This revised Handbook is a completely rewritten and updated version of the original 'Handbook of Cavitation Damage' which was published under the auspices of the Office of Naval Research in 1965. This new edition contains the very latest information pertaining to scaling and the effects of fluid properties on Cavitation Erosion, as well as new field experiences with some of the Navy's high performance ships. Again, the scope of this Handbook ranges from the most basic theoretical cavitation concepts to practical guidance relevant to design, material selection, protective coatings, field repair procedures, and test methods. Erosion of ship propellers, diesel engine cylinder liners, valves and pipes are discussed.
Hydronautics, Incorporated7210 Pindel School Road
Laurel, MD USA 20810
Office of Naval ResearchConstitution Avenue and 18th Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20360
- Thiruvengadam, A
- Publication Date: 1974-1
- Pagination: 320 p.
- TRT Terms: Cavitation (Mechanics); Cavitation erosion; Propellers; Protective coatings
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00084816
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TR-7301-1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-73-C-0017
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 19 1975 12:00AM