OPEN WATER PERFORMANCE OF A CONTROLLABLE-PITCH (C-P) PROPELLER SERIES
Open water performance results are presented for a series of five-bladed controllable-pitch propellers. Thrust and torque data were collected over a complete range of controllable-pitch propeller operating conditions in order to provide open water performance information and blade loading information for blade loads analysis and design. The data shows the effect of blade area, advance condition, blade pitch and skew on the performance of a five-bladed controllable-pitch propeller. (Author)
Naval Ship Research and Development CenterShip Performance Department
Bethesda, MD USA 20034
- Stephens, HGJ
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Pagination: 58 p.
- TRT Terms: Blade loading; Controllable pitch propellers; Open water tests; Propellers
- Old TRIS Terms: Skewed propellers
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00084802
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SPD-011-13 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM