A SURVEY OF TECHNIQUES FOR THE ANALYSIS AND DESIGN OF SUBMERGED MOORING SYSTEMS
Techniques useful for the design and analysis of moored cable systems are presented. Included are compilations of information describing computer programs for steady-state and dynamic analyses and method for the analysis and suppression of cable strumming. It was found that the steady-state analysis of complex redundant structures and the dynamic analysis of simple structures are now possible. However, experimental data are required to validate the analysis procedures and related computer programs. In addition, it was found that procedures still need to be developed to reliably predict, describe, and suppress cable strumming in long cables exposed to oceanic conditions. (Author)
Naval Civil Engineering LaboratoryPort Hueneme, CA United States
- Albertsen, N D
- Publication Date: 1974-8
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Cables; Dynamics; Mooring cables; Offshore moorings; Vortex shedding
- Old TRIS Terms: Cable dynamics
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00084800
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CEL-TR-815 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM