A CENSUS OF NEW YORK HARBOR MARINE TRAFFIC DERIVED FROM SIDE-LOOKING AIRBORNE RADAR DATA
The purpose of the report is to document the findings of a census of New York Harbor marine traffic made during the period 15-21 November 1973. The purpose of the census was to obtain data for use by the Coast Guard on planning for a Vessel Traffic System for New York Harbor. A side-looking airborne radar SLAR was used to make the census so that data could be readily obtained at night or during poor visibility conditions. The report contains a discussion of the means by which the SLAR data was analyzed, as well as the census data itself.
United States Coast GuardResearch and Development Center, 1082 Shennecossett Road
Groton, CT USA 06340-6096
- McIntosh, J A
- Farmer, L D
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Pagination: 50 p.
- TRT Terms: Harbor traffic control; Side looking radar; Traffic control; Vessel traffic control
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00084797
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CGR/DC-19/74 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 19 1975 12:00AM