SURVEY OF SUSPENSION SYSTEMS ON VEHICLES TOWING TRAVEL AND CAMPER TRAILERS
Loading patterns, load capacities and consumer knowledge in these areas were determined for 8,800 vehicles consisting of travel trailers, camper trailers, morothomes and pickup trucks carrying slide-in campers. Vehicles were weighted as they were on the road in operating conditions. The rating data of the suspension components was obtained from the vehicle manufacturer. /Author/
- This report was sponsored by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Contract No. DOT-HS-098-1-136, Order No. DOT-HS-801-100.
Pioneer Engineering and Manufacturing Company2500 East Nine Mile Road
Warren, MI USA 48091
- Ludtke, N
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 76 p.
- TRT Terms: Loads; Recreational vehicles; Suspensions; Trailers; Vehicle capacity; Vehicle characteristics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Loading
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00084786
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Safety Council Safety Research Info Serv
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM