The papers are published here that were presented at the Seminar on Public Transport held during the PTRC Summer Annual Meeting. The 14 papers grouped in two categories, namely, communication and control, and experimental services, include the following: Benefits of Radio-Assisted Centralized Control of Bus Services; Control of Bus Operations in Dublin; Communication and the Passenger; Changing Occupational Structure in the Road Passenger Transport Industry and its Implications for the Future; Manpower Planning in the Public Sector of the Transport Industry; Problems of Recruitment and Retention of Bus Drivers in London; Factors Affecting Recruitment and Wastage among Bus Drivers in London; Park and Ride at Suburban Railway Stations on Merseyside-Some Demonstration Project Results; Stevenage "Superbus" Public Transport Demonstration; Some Results from the Second Stevenage Superbus Experiment; Chauffer Coach-An Experiment by the West Yorkshire Road Car Company in Personalized Transport at Harrogate; Experience with a Personalized Bus Service for Heathrow Airport Staff; Local Transport in City Centres: Problems and Possibilities for Travelators; and Research Requirements for Dial-A-Ride in Britain.
- Proceedings of the Seminar on Public Transport held during the PTRC Summer Annual Meeting, July 8-12, 1974 at the University of Warwick.
Planning and Transport Res and Computation Co Ltd167 Oxford Street
London W1R 1AH, England
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 245 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus drivers; Bus transportation; Communication systems; Experiments; Paratransit services; Park and ride; Passengers; Personal rapid transit; Personnel; Public transit; Radio control; Research; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Research; Society;
- Accession Number: 00084776
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: PTRC/P/99 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1981 12:00AM