GUIDEWAY TRANSIT FOR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA: A POLICY ANALYSIS
A study is reported which summarizes the status of development of various types of guideway transit systems (with emphasis on assessing the promises and problems of alterrnative system possibilities), and explores the applicability of guideway transit options for the Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG) region by developing an examing alternative guideway transit strategies (which illustrate the choices open to the region). The study also identifies the critical decisions to be faced in the near future. A framework for planning transit is presented which establishes the basic premises of transportation upon which the key elements are then based.
- This report was prepared for the Southern California Association of Governments.
Cambridge Systematics, IncorporatedKendall Square Building, 238 Main Street
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
Barton-Aschman Associates, Incorporated4320 Stevens Creek Boulevard
San Jose, CA USA 95129
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 100 p.
- TRT Terms: Decision making; Guideways; Local government; Public transit; Transportation policy
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00084775
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM