MEASUREMENTS OF LEAKY COAXIAL CABLES AND POSSIBLE APPLICATIONS TO TRAIN COMMUNICATION
The electrical and radiation properties of the Radiax have been measured. The main results are: i) the surface wave exists, ii) the radial radiation follows 1/r2 relation for frequency below 190 MHz and 1/r relation for frequency near 400 MHz, iii) the transverse radiation pattern is nearly omnidirectional, iv) the coherent band-width is on the order of 3 MHz and the operating frequency range is several hundred megahertz; and v) better coupling efficiency is observed at lower frequency. Possible applications for railroad communication are discussed.
- This work was sponsored by the Office of Research and Development, FRA/DOT.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Yoh, P
- Esposito, Rita
- Gagnon, R
- Kodis, R D
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 90 p.
- Accession Number: 00084727
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-ORD&D-74-43 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 2 1977 12:00AM