INDUCTIVE INFERENCE MEASUREMENTS
This report contains measurements carried out by General Cable Corp. on circuits paralleling a section of the East Erie Commercial Railroad over which has been installed a 50 kV catenary. The tests determined the levels of induced voltage and noise in the paralleling communications and signal circuits. It is concluded that although interference should not be beyond acceptable limits on properly maintained circuits, good practice would be to ground any unused open wire circuits at each end of a section that is susceptible to external interference since each grounded conductor will contribute to shielding.
Electrack Incorporated2414 Morris Avenue
Union, NJ United States 07083
- Pehrson, V W
- Publication Date: 1973-8-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Inductive interference; Interference; Railroad electrification; Traffic signal control systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Signal systems
- Subject Areas: Construction; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00084718
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM