PROCEEDINGS OF THE SHIP CONTROL GROUP INAUGURAL MEETING
This is the full text and summarized discussion of the five papers read at the Inaugural Meeting. Papers included were: Ship Control and the Naval Architect; The Importance of Reliability of Steering Gear Systems to Shipowners and Underwriters; 100 percent Course Stability is an Extravagant Luxury Few Designers Need Consider; Is there an Acceptable "Fail Safe" Mode for controllable Pitch Propellers; Experience and Education--Where Does the Balance Lie in Training Ship Handlers.
Royal Institution of Naval Architects10 Upper Belgrave Street
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Controllable pitch propellers; Reliability; Ship pilotage; Steering gears; Steering systems; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Course stability; Steering system reliability
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00084635
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Vickers Limited, Barrow Shipbuilding Works
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1975 12:00AM