SELF-INDUCED OSCILLATIONS OF A CAVITATING HYDROFOIL
The present work describes self-generated and self-sustaining pitching oscillations that are observed on a symmetrical 12% thick hydrofoil section in both cavitating and non-cavitating conditions.
- This paper was presented at Session 3 of Vib Probl in Ind, International Symposium held April 10-12, 1973, Keswick, England.
Vibration Problems in Industry, International SympKeswick, England
- Alexander, A J
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Hydrofoils; Oscillation; Pitch (Acoustics)
- Old TRIS Terms: Cavitating hydrofoils; Oscillating bodies
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00084583
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: #112
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 19 1975 12:00AM