LIFT FORCES ON CYLINDERS IN A TURBULENT FLOW
The paper describes some measurements of the spectrum of unsteady lift on elements of various two-dimensional bodies in a turbulent cross-flow. These measurements are compared with the results of a simplified quasi-linear prediction method based on the analysis of thin streamlined bodies in turbulence and the hypothesis of constant Strouthal number.
- This paper was presented at Session 3 of Vib Probl in Ind, International Symposium held April 10-12, 1973, Keswick, England.
Vibration Problems in Industry, International SympKeswick, England
- Graham, JMR
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Cylindrical bodies; Engine cylinders; Flow; Unsteady flow; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Flow induced vibration; Vibrating cylinders
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00084581
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: #113 Proc Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 19 1975 12:00AM