AIR BUBBLER SYSTEMS TO SUPPRESS ICE
Two-dimensional line source air bubbler systems used to induce convective melting of the undersurface of an ice cover over a water body are analyzed and a procedure is developed for predicting the effectiveness of the systems. Various field conditions are considered and limitations to the effectiveness of the systems are pointed out. Example applications of the concepts and the procedures are illustrated.
Hanover, NH USA 03755-1290
- Ashton, G D
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Deicing; Ice prevention; Icebreaking; Snow and ice control
- Old TRIS Terms: Air bubbling systems
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00084536
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: #210
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 19 1975 12:00AM