INTERMODAL TRANSPORT OF FROZEN POULTRY PRODUCTS TO OVERSEAS MARKETS - A COMPARISON OF PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE AND COSTS OF VAN CONTAINER AND BREAK-BULK SYSTEMS
This report covers the factors involved in loading and unloading, labor costs and efficiency, product protection, inland and ocean transport, transit time, load density, insurance, documentation and packaging. In addition an analysis is made of all shipping and transport costs as well as a comparison of break-bulk and container systems. The appendix provides a tabulation of voyage, port, cargo handling and administrative expense.
Department of AgricultureAgricultural Research Service
Hyattsville, MD USA 20782
- NICHOLAS, C J
- Breakiron, P L
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Container traffic; Frozen cargo; Refrigerated cargo; Stowage
- Uncontrolled Terms: Poultry
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00084478
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Department of Agriculture
- Report/Paper Numbers: 1025 Res. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 1 1975 12:00AM