PETROLEUM IN THE MARINE ENVIRONMENT
This report estimates the amounts of petroleum hydrocarbons (PHCs) which enter the seas each year; examines the primary sources of oil pollution; lists the known adverse effects of PHCs in the oceans; describes areas where more knowledge is needed and where specific research should be done; and recommends controls that should be undertaken to reduce the flow of PHCs to the oceans.
National Academy of Sciences2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20418
- Publication Date: 1972-1
- Pagination: 109 p.
- TRT Terms: Environmental impacts; Oil spill cleanup; Oil spills; Pollution control; Tankers
- Old TRIS Terms: Biological effects (Oil); Oil spill control; Oil spill sources; Tanker pollution prevention
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00084452
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1975 12:00AM