PARAMETRIC ANALYSIS FOR THE CONCEPTUAL DESIGN OF HIGH PERFORMANCE SHIPS
This paper presents an application of the use of parametric analysis techniques to support the conceptual design of high performance ships. The objectives of parametric analysis are identified. Using concrete examples, the paper demonstrates how these objectives can be met. Parameters of interest are identified, and the techniques and assumptions necessary to accomplish the analysis are presented. The 2000-ton Surface Effect Ship (2KSES) is used in the sample design problem.
- Presented at the Chesapeake Section Meeting of Sname.
Naval Ship Engineering Center3700 East-West Highway
Hyattsville, MD United States 20782
- Benson, J L
- Publication Date: 1975-1-29
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Evaluation and assessment; High performance surface ships; High speed craft; Ships; Surface effect ships; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: High performance ship evaluation
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00084450
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 1 1975 12:00AM