MICROBIAL PETROLEUM DEGRADATION: USE OF MIXED HYDROCARBON SUBSTRATES
Methods of examining hydrocarbons to estimate the microbial degradation of petroleum are compared. Gas-liquid chromatography with a mixed hydrocarbon substrate has been shown to be useful in evaluating microbial potential for degradation of a number of hydrocarbons.
- This report was sponsored by the Office of Naval Research and was published in "Applied Microbiology", June 1974, Vol. 27 No. 6, pp 1053-1060.
University of Maryland, College ParkDepartment of Microbiology
College Park, MD United States 20742
- Walker, J D
- Colwell, R R
- Publication Date: 1975-1-24
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Biodeterioration; Energy consumption; Gas chromatography; Water quality management
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydrocarbon utilization
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00084445
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: University of Maryland, College Park
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-67A-0239-0027
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 1 1975 12:00AM